UK Architects collaborates with homeowners to create or improve the homes they live in. A home is many different things to many different people. We develop an understanding of your needs and wants and then work with you to refine them into a home that can be constructed for a realistic budget.
More than anything a home should reflect your personality and facilitate how you want to live. In order to achieve these goals, it requires collaboration between you and your Architect. UK Architects can ensure you get the home you want.
- Conceptual Options - Synthesizing information gathered during the Pre-Design phase in order to develop initial concepts. The preferred option is refined into a final design.
- 3D Visualization - All of our projects are developed using 3D digital modeling from day one.
- Construction Documents - Once the design is approved, we prepare the drawings and specifications that set forth the requirements for construction of the project.
- Existing Conditions Plans - These are necessary for renovations and additions. If plans do not exist, we can create them.
- Programming - Outlining all of your needs and wants for the project. This also includes a discussion of the budget.
- Regulatory Constraints - Identifying the zoning and planning constraints that apply to the site.
- Site Analysis - Determining the location of the house or addition, by understanding the site features.
SUSTAINABILITY & ENERGY EFFICIENCY
On all of our projects we utilize proven strategies to increase energy efficiency and make your home more sustainable.
Energy Star - Homes are designed and built to standards that deliver energy efficiency savings of up to 30 percent when compared to typical new homes.
Passive House Certification - A voluntary standard for energy efficiency and reduced ecological footprint, resulting in ultra-low energy buildings that require little energy for space heating or cooling
Net Zero Ready - A strategy for designing a home that requires very little energy to operate. So little, that you will be able to offset the energy you require by installing a renewable energy production system.
SELECTING A GENERAL CONTRACTOR
- GC Recommendations & Interviews - UK Architects can assist you in pre-qualifying and interviewing skilled General Contractors for your project
- Cost Estimating - Once selected, the GC will work with us to prepare a cost estimate of the final design clarify the project budget
- Systems Selections - Working together with the GC, we assist in the selection of mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems for your project.